The Library buildings will remain closed to patrons until further notice. Items should be returned at the bookdrops and will be quarantined for 5 days before returning to the collection.
• Curbside pickup via the Bookmobile at the Noel Wien Library parking lot
• Local Holds via Enterprise: FNSB Items only. Circulation will alert you when ready to pick up
• Summer Reading Program • This year’s theme is Dig Deeper, for kids and teens!
• Virtual Programming • Programs & upcoming dates.
• Book-a-Librarian: Need help with research? Professional librarians are available to assist you.
• Personalized Librarian Selection Service: We’ll browse the collection for you!
• Children’s Grab & Go Book Sets: Request a book bundle for your kids
• Temporary eLibrary Card: Good for 30 days, for Libby/Overdrive, RBDigital & Hoopla
• Tech Help via Zoom: Need help setting up your library apps? Zoom appointments available
• Help is available via webchat and phone, Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm •
Please scroll through our homepage to see a list of current services and contact numbers. Thank you!
Virtual Library Programs
Berry Room Children’s Department Virtual Programs November 16-20, 2020
November 2020 in the Berry Room at the Noel Wien Public Library
The Berry Room staff misses seeing all the local families in the library, but we hope you are staying well, enjoying our virtual programs, and taking advantage of the ways you can check out library materials (place holds with your card, fill out a Personalized Librarian Selector Service, or request a grab and go kids and teens book bundle).
Virtual Children’s Programs
Available via the library’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NoelWienLibrary/), and via this Virtual Programs section of the library’s web page. Storytimes generally last 30 minutes or less.
Monday, November 16 @ 10:30 AM – Monday Mother Moose
An interactive short rhyme and story time for the under two set (infants and toddlers from birth to 23 months) and a parent or caregiver. [This storytime will stay up until 1 PM on Tuesday, November 17th.]
Thursday, November 19 @ 10:30 AM – Preschool Storytime*
A fun storytime for 3-5 year olds. *It’s also fun for school-age children, too! [This storytime will stay up until 1 PM on Friday, November 20th.]
Watch for occasional special virtual programs and postings throughout the month!
BACK TO SCHOOL
HOME LEARNING RESOURCES AND SUPPORT
FROM THE PUBLIC LIBRARY
for individual students or classes
- How to get a library card*
- Personalized book selection service*
- Grab and go book sets*
*available at both Noel Wien Library and North Pole Branch Library.
- Help with finding library materials & placing books on hold with your library card
- Virtual book programs (storytimes) via the library’s webpage, Facebook, or Zoom
- Programs for classes via Zoom (contact the Berry Room to schedule)
- Curriculum support
Live (online) Homework Help—personalized online tutoring and work review
Math, science, English, social studies and more, 8am – 2am M-F, noon – 2am Sat-Sun, kindergarten to adult
This service is provided by the Alaska State Library for residents of the State of Alaska.
Use this link to connect to the service: http://lam.alaska.gov/sled/homework
Contact the Berry Room Youth Services Department at 459-1052 to find out how we can help you!
Craft Time for Kids – Movers
Virtual Pre-School Storytime
Thanks for tuning into Virtual Storytime with Ms. Karleen! Like us on Facebook to keep up to date on library happenings and to watch live!
Mother Moose Storytime
Welcome to Mother Moose Storytime!Posted by Fairbanks North Star Borough Public Libraries on Friday, March 20, 2020
Adam's Amazing Activities!
Family Active Time!
Posted by Fairbanks North Star Borough Public Libraries on Friday, March 27, 2020
UPCOMING VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE
Library app & Tech help appointments via Zoom
Click on the image above to request your eMaterials set-up appointment. Fill out a brief form and we will get in touch to schedule an appointment with you within 2 business days.
with Ms. Lori
with Ms. Karleen
with Ms. Sarah
with Ms. Aly