Information regarding how to book our study and meeting rooms.
The Library buildings will remain closed to patrons until further notice. Items should be returned at the bookdrops and will be quarantined for 5 days before returning to the collection.
• Curbside pickup via the Bookmobile at the Noel Wien Library parking lot
• Local Holds via Enterprise: FNSB Items only. Circulation will alert you when ready to pick up
• Summer Reading Program • This year’s theme is Dig Deeper, for kids and teens!
• Virtual Programming • Programs & upcoming dates.
• Book-a-Librarian: Need help with research? Professional librarians are available to assist you.
• Personalized Librarian Selection Service: We’ll browse the collection for you!
• Children’s Grab & Go Book Sets: Request a book bundle for your kids
• Temporary eLibrary Card: Good for 30 days, for Libby/Overdrive, RBDigital & Hoopla
• Tech Help via Zoom: Need help setting up your library apps? Zoom appointments available
• Help is available via webchat and phone, Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm •
Please scroll through our homepage to see a list of current services and contact numbers. Thank you!
Noel Wien Public Library and North Pole Branch Library have an assortment of spaces designed to be utilized for groups on a reservation basis.
Four small study rooms are available for use free of charge at Noel Wien Library during regular library hours. The four rooms accommodate a maximum of 4, 6, 8, and 10 people respectively. Study rooms can be reserved for a maximum of two hours a day. To reserve a study room, contact the Noel Wien Library Reference Desk in person or by phone at 459-1020.
Three study rooms are available for use free of charge at North Pole Branch during regular library hours. The three rooms accommodate a maximum of 4, 6, and 6 people respectively. Study rooms can be reserved for a maximum of two hours a day. To reserve a study room, contact the North Pole Branch Library in person or by phone at 488-6101.
FNSB LIBRARIES AUDITORIUM / CONFERENCE / MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM POLICY
The libraries offer the use of the Auditorium, Conference, and Multi-purpose rooms for public meetings and programs of a non-commercial nature. The following policies govern the use of the rooms. Violations of these policies may result in forfeiture of future use privileges.
Note: The libraries also offer study rooms that accommodate 10 people or less. Please check our website for more information or call:
- Noel Wien Library Reference Desk at 459-1046
- North Pole Branch Help Desk at 488-6101
|NWL Conference Room||30||50|
|NPB Multipurpose Room||80||130|
|NPB Conference Room||20||40|
These numbers are based on fire code restrictions and cannot be changed. At no time shall the user group allow occupancy to exceed these numbers. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the immediate cancellation or closure of the meeting.
- All meetings and programs must be open to the public and may not interfere with library operations. Meeting room groups must follow the libraries’ Patron Conduct policy, available at https://fnsblibrary.org Printed copies are available upon request.
- Meetings of a personal nature, e.g. birthday parties or weddings, or for commercial purposes where profit is the direct or indirect purpose of the meeting will not be approved. No fees may be charged or collected for meeting or program attendance. Groups wishing to collect donations to defray costs associated with their meeting must do so away from the library building and entryways. Direct or indirect sale of any product or service is prohibited, except for sales sponsored by the FNSB Libraries, the Library Foundation, or the Friends of the North Pole Library from which a portion of the proceeds must benefit the library.
- Groups composed of persons under the age of 18 must be sponsored and directly supervised at all times by someone 18 or older.
- The library has limited equipment which may be used in the meeting rooms. See application for details. While the libraries make every attempt to have equipment available and in good repair, we cannot guarantee its availability.
- Meeting rooms are not available on days and times when the libraries are closed.
- Auditorium, Conference, and Multi-purpose rooms may be reserved in advance by calling: Noel Wien Library 459-1022 or North Pole Branch 488-6101.
- Applications must be completed and received within 5 days of making the reservation. If application is not received, the room reservation will be subject to cancellation.
- Applicant’s signature on the application guarantees that all aspects of this policy will be observed.
- Reservations are not confirmed until the application is approved by the Library Director or designee.
- Publicity may not be distributed prior to application approval.
- A group may use the meeting rooms up to 6 times per calendar year.
- If a meeting is cancelled, the library must be notified in a timely manner. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of future room use.
- In the case of an emergency or an unanticipated library need, the library reserves the right to cancel meeting room use or to provide a substitute room if available.
- A person or group who attempts to schedule meetings under false pretenses using alternate names, etc. to circumvent the reservation rules stated in this section will be prohibited from using the libraries auditorium, conference rooms, and multi-purpose room in the future.
- The responsible person must check in and leave a current library card or other identification with Library staff for the duration of the meeting.
- The card or identification will be returned to the user after the meeting when library staff inspects the room and a checkout form has been completed and signed by staff and the responsible party.
- Reasonable care of the building, furnishings and equipment will be the responsibility of the group using the facility. The responsible party will be charged if the room is not clean and returned to the required set-up, if any equipment is missing, or if there are any damages.
- Refreshments may be served in meeting rooms. Users are responsible for cleanup. The Library cannot provide storage for meeting materials and supplies.
- See application for basic room use fees, equipment options and related costs.
Rev. Date 7/1/2018