We bring the library to you!
The Library buildings will remain closed to patrons until further notice. Items should be returned at the bookdrops and will be quarantined for 5 days before returning to the collection.
• Curbside pickup via the Bookmobile at the Noel Wien Library parking lot
• Local Holds via Enterprise: FNSB Items only. Circulation will alert you when ready to pick up
• Summer Reading Program • This year’s theme is Dig Deeper, for kids and teens!
• Virtual Programming • Programs & upcoming dates.
• Book-a-Librarian: Need help with research? Professional librarians are available to assist you.
• Personalized Librarian Selection Service: We’ll browse the collection for you!
• Children’s Grab & Go Book Sets: Request a book bundle for your kids
• Temporary eLibrary Card: Good for 30 days, for Libby/Overdrive, RBDigital & Hoopla
• Tech Help via Zoom: Need help setting up your library apps? Zoom appointments available
• Help is available via webchat and phone, Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm •
Please scroll through our homepage to see a list of current services and contact numbers. Thank you!
NOTE: FNSB Public Libraries is offering limited services due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Bookmobile is currently serving as the curbside pick-up point at the Noel Wien Library parking lot for library materials. Service to outlying stops has been suspended until further notice. Bookmobile staff is available from Monday-Friday 10am-6pm if you have questions regarding the Bookmobile and Homebound Services: 907-459-1031
The BOOKMOBILE brings library service to outlying areas within The Fairbanks North Star Borough.
Patrons may make requests, place holds, and place Inter-library Loans through the Bookmobile office. Items that have been requested through our office and have arrived will be delivered on the day of the Bookmobile’s regularly scheduled visit to an area. See the FAQ’s tab for more details.
Our current monthly schedule to outlying areas:
from 10am to 12pm
At the corner of the Elliott Highway and Haystack Rd.
from 10:30am to 12:00pm
At the Ken Kunkel Community Center
from 12:30pm to 1:45pm
At the Ester Post Office
from 11am to 1pm
At the Salcha Store and Supply on the Richardson Hwy
Two Rivers/Pleasant Valley
from 11 am to 1pm
At the Pleasant Valley Store
Library cards are issued on the Bookmobile. Phone or e-mail us for details about what you will need in order to register for a card or contact us with any other questions you may have about this library service or to make requests.
Bookmobile & Homebound Contact
We are always on the go! If you wish to get in touch with the Bookmobile & Homebound Services staff, please call or email using the information below. We look forward to hearing from you.