The Library buildings will remain closed to patrons until further notice. Items should be returned at the bookdrops and will be quarantined for 5 days before returning to the collection.
• Curbside pickup via the Bookmobile at the Noel Wien Library parking lot
• Local Holds via Enterprise: FNSB Items only. Circulation will alert you when ready to pick up
• Summer Reading Program • This year’s theme is Dig Deeper, for kids and teens!
• Virtual Programming • Programs & upcoming dates.
• Book-a-Librarian: Need help with research? Professional librarians are available to assist you.
• Personalized Librarian Selection Service: We’ll browse the collection for you!
• Children’s Grab & Go Book Sets: Request a book bundle for your kids
• Temporary eLibrary Card: Good for 30 days, for Libby/Overdrive, RBDigital & Hoopla
• Tech Help via Zoom: Need help setting up your library apps? Zoom appointments available
• Help is available via webchat and phone, Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm •
Please scroll through our homepage to see a list of current services and contact numbers. Thank you!
What's happening this month in the Berry Room!
Berry Room Children’s Department Virtual Programs September 21-September 25, 2020
September 2020 in the Berry Room at the Noel Wien Public Library
The Berry Room staff misses seeing all the local families in the library, but we hope you are staying well and taking advantage of the ways you can checkout library materials, and enjoy weekly library programs virtually.
BACK TO SCHOOL
PUBLIC LIBRARY AND HOME LEARNING RESOURCES AND SUPPORT
for individual students or classes
- How to get a library card*
- Personalized book selection service*
- Grab and go book sets*
*available at both Noel Wien Library and North Pole Branch Library.
- Help with finding library materials & placing books on hold with your library card
- Virtual book programs (storytimes) via the library’s webpage, Facebook, or Zoom
- Programs for classes via Zoom (contact the Berry Room to schedule)
- Curriculum support
Live (online) Homework Help—personalized online tutoring & work review
Math, science, English, social studies and more, 8am – 2am M-F, noon – 2am Sat-Sun, kindergarten to adult
This service is provided by the Alaska State Library for residents of the State of Alaska.
Use this link to connect to the service: http://lam.alaska.gov/sled/homework
Contact the Berry Room Youth Services Department at 459-1052 to find out how we can help you!
Virtual Children’s Programs
Available via the library’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NoelWienLibrary/), and via this Virtual Programs section of the library’s web page.
Storytimes generally last 30 minutes or less.
Monday, September 21 – Monday Mother Moose
An interactive short rhyme and story time for the under two set (infants and toddlers from birth to 23 months) and a parent or caregiver. [This storytime will stay up until 1 PM on Tuesday, September 15th.]
Tuesday, September 22 @ 10:30 AM – Tuesday Travels With Big-T
Be sure to check and see where the FNSB Public Libraries’ T-Rex travels to next!
Tuesday, September 22 @ 1:00 PM – What Should I Read Next?
Listen as library staff briefly share new or otherwise interesting children’s books from the library’s collections.
Wednesday, September 23 @ 10:30 AM – Parents and Twos
A sweet little storytime for two year olds and a parent or caregiver. [This storytime will stay up until 1 PM on Thursday, September 24th.]
Thursday, September 24 @ 10:30 – Preschool Storytime*
A fun storytime for 3-5 year olds. *It’s also fun for school-age children, too! [This storytime will stay up until 1 PM on Friday, September 25th.]
Friday, September 25 @ 10:30 – Creative Crafts
A short video with an easy craft for young children.
About the Berry Room
Serving the children of the Fairbanks North Star Borough. Contact us for information about programs for children, to schedule group visits, and for information about materials for children.
The Berry Room is in the
Noel Wien Public Library
1215 Cowles Street
Fairbanks, AK 99701