The Library buildings will remain closed to patrons until further notice. Items should be returned at the bookdrops and will be quarantined for 5 days before returning to the collection.
• Curbside pickup via the Bookmobile at the Noel Wien Library parking lot
• Local Holds via Enterprise: FNSB Items only. Circulation will alert you when ready to pick up
• Summer Reading Program • This year’s theme is Dig Deeper, for kids and teens!
• Virtual Programming • Programs & upcoming dates.
• Book-a-Librarian: Need help with research? Professional librarians are available to assist you.
• Personalized Librarian Selection Service: We’ll browse the collection for you!
• Children’s Grab & Go Book Sets: Request a book bundle for your kids
• Temporary eLibrary Card: Good for 30 days, for Libby/Overdrive, RBDigital & Hoopla
• Tech Help via Zoom: Need help setting up your library apps? Zoom appointments available
• Help is available via webchat and phone, Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm •
Please scroll through our homepage to see a list of current services and contact numbers. Thank you!
The purpose of the Fairbanks Library Foundation is to support all Fairbanks North Star Borough public libraries, to enhance their operations, to encourage and support expansion of library buildings, facilities and equipment, and to create, manage, and build an investment fund to assist in these endeavors.
— Fairbanks Library Foundation Mission Statement
Library Foundation Board of Directors
Board members serve to promote the libraries by providing assistance for special projects and by providing supplemental funding for programs and services that enrich the lives of people in the community. The Foundation accepts contributions in any form, raises money through selling specialty items, and other funding raising efforts. The Board also works in conjunction with and helps support the Friends of the North Pole Branch Library.
The Fairbanks Library Foundation meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Noel Wien Library at 4:00 p.m., normally in the conference room.
If you are interested in serving, supporting, donating or attending any meetings please call one of the Board of Directors. Additional information can be found at www.thelibraryfoundation.org
FNSB Library Director