FNSB LIBRARIES AUDITORIUM / CONFERENCE / MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM POLICY
The libraries offer the use of the Auditorium, Conference, and Multi-purpose rooms for public meetings and programs of a non-commercial nature. The following policies govern the use of the rooms. Violations of these policies may result in forfeiture of future use privileges.
Note: The libraries also offer study rooms that accommodate 10 people or less. Please check our website for more information or call:
- • Noel Wien Library Reference Desk at 459-1046
- • North Pole Branch Help Desk at 488-6101
|Maximum Occupancy||With Chairs||Without Chairs|
|NWL Conference Room||30||50|
|NPB Multipurpose Room||80||130|
|NPB Conference Room||20||40|
These numbers are based on fire code restrictions and cannot be changed. At no time shall the user group allow occupancy to exceed these numbers. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the immediate cancellation or closure of the meeting.
- • All meetings and programs must be open to the public and may not interfere with library operations. Meeting room groups must follow the libraries’ Patron Conduct policy, available at the library’s web site http://fnsblibrary.org
- • Printed copies are available upon request
- • Meetings of a personal nature, e.g. birthday parties or weddings, or for commercial purposes where profit is the direct or indirect purpose of the meeting will not be approved. No fees may be charged or collected for meeting or program attendance. Groups wishing to collect donations to defray costs associated with their meeting must do so away from the library building and entryways. Direct or indirect sale of any product or service is prohibited, except for sales sponsored by the FNSB Libraries, the Library Foundation, or the Friends of the North Pole Library in which a portion of the proceeds must benefit the library.
- • Groups composed of persons under the age of 18 must be sponsored and directly supervised at all times by someone 18 or older.
- • The library has equipment which may be used in the meeting rooms. Some fees may apply. While the libraries make every attempt to have equipment available and in good repair, we cannot guarantee its availability.
- • Library staff will set up requested equipment in advance of all meetings, however, they are not available to operate the equipment. If training is needed to operate the equipment, it is the group’s responsibility to schedule time for this prior to their meeting (scheduling a test run is strongly advised).
- • Meeting rooms are not available on days when the libraries are closed.
- • No smoking is allowed in the Libraries or on the exterior walkways.
- • Auditorium, Conference, and Multi-purpose rooms may be reserved in advance by calling:
Noel Wien Library 459-1022
North Pole Branch 488-6101
- • Applications must be completed and received within 5 days of making the reservation. If application is not received, the room reservation will be cancelled.
- • Applicant’s signature on the application guarantees that all aspects of this policy will be observed.
- • Due to high demand for meeting space, meetings requiring multiple days of use are generally not approved. A group may use the meeting rooms once every other month. Groups may only have two meetings booked at any one time. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Director.
- • If a meeting is cancelled, the library must be notified in a timely manner.
- • In the case of an emergency or an unanticipated library need, the library reserves the right to cancel meeting room use or to provide a substitute room if available.
- • A person or group who attempts to schedule meetings under false pretenses using alternate names, etc. to circumvent the reservation rules stated in this section will be prohibited from using the libraries auditorium, conference rooms, and multi-purpose room in the future.
- • The responsible person must check in and leave a library card or other identification with Library staff for the duration of the meeting.
- • The card or identification will be returned to the user after the meeting when library staff inspects the room and a checkout form has been completed. The responsible person will be required to review and sign the checkout sheet which verifies the state of the room and equipment. If the room is not clean and returned to the required set-up, if any equipment is missing, or if there are any damages, this information will be noted on the check-out form and costs will be incurred.
- • Reasonable care of the building, furnishings and equipment will be the responsibility of the group using the facility. The cost of any loss or damages to the facility, furnishings or equipment will be the responsibility of the user group.
- • Refreshments may be served in meeting rooms. A kitchenette is available for refreshment set up, and its use must be reserved. Users are responsible for cleanup of the kitchenette and the meeting room.
- • The Library cannot provide storage for materials for programs.
- • If personal equipment is used, the person who owns or brings the equipment is responsible for their own set-up. If last minute assistance is needed, a fee will apply.
- • The libraries may be unable to accommodate equipment requests received less than 24 hours in advance of the meeting. If we are able to provide the equipment, groups will incur both the cost for the equipment and a last minute set-up fee.