Public libraries in America have a long tradition of providing free access and service to all residents of the community they serve. The FNSB public library is supported by the Borough with funds supplied from local property taxes and State revenue sharing. As a result, all basic library services are freely provided. One can enter the library, check out books, use the internet, attend a storytime, or use the study rooms, at no charge as long as library regulations are followed. However, in order to cover costs of selected special services and to recoup losses due to user neglect/abuse, the following fees are imposed:
- Lost Card: A fee of $7.00 will be charged to replace a library card.
- Lost or Damaged Materials: Patrons will be charged the cost of the lost or damaged item plus a $15.00 processing fee. However, no processing fee will be charged for browsing paperbacks, magazines, or Regional Mail-A-Book paperbacks.
- Room Fees: Noel Wien Auditorium North Pole Multipurpose Room $25.00, Conference Rooms $15.00.
- Media Equipment Use: ($25 first item, $10 each additional item):
( ) Teleconference equipment ( ) VHS Player/DVD/TV ( ) Digital projector / Laptop
( ) Overhead transparency projector
( ) Slide projector
( ) Grand piano
( ) PA system
• Equipment requests should be submitted with application. Equipment requested less than 24 hours in advance may not be available and if available will incur an additional $25 scheduling/set up fee which must be paid in advance.
- Photocopying and printing charges are 10 cents per page for black and white or 50 cents per page for color. In order to discourage vandalism of library holdings, patrons are allowed to make up to 10 free copies from NONCIRCULATING library materials.
- Media Equipment fee for borrowing a slide projector or an overhead projector are $15.00.
Fines: Overdue fines of $6.00 per day up to a maximum of $30.00 are charged for slide or overhead transparency equipment that is borrowed and returned late.